Are you having a difficult time purchasing safety equipment on a tight budget? UCLA "Be Smart About Safety" funds can help. Cost-sharing funds are available to support campus projects designed to reduce workers’ compensation costs.
All funding requests are reviewed and approved by the campus Injury Prevention Committee (IPC). Recently-approved projects include:
- Lighter-weight vacuums & mops for custodians
- Automatic floor scrubbers for custodians
- Eyewash stations and safety showers for labs and shops
- Safety guards for shop machinery
- Height-adjustable tables, chairs, keyboard trays and monitor arms
- Hydraulic lifts & pallet jacks
- Slip-resistant shoes for housing and dining workers
- Ergonomic pipettes for lab workers
- Voice recognition software and training
Funds are not available for general operating supplies or personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety equipment required by law.